Full-Stack Developer - Contract to Hire
Online Fashion Ecommerce Company is looking for a full-stack Magento developer to join their team ASAP!
As the sole in-house Magento developer, you will be the lead developer with a small overseas team of 3. You must reside in the Los Angeles area.
You will use your breadth of technical skills to improve the quality, performance and stability of uniquevintage.com by implementing new features, clearing bugs and maintaining existing infrastructure.
You will wear several hats and will need to work well under pressure; and you will own your domain by being the chief driver of code quality and engineering productivity.
In return, you will be our go-to technical resource, sought after for advice and direction, and rewarded with the respect and autonomy your position deserves.
Skills & Requirements
- Hands-on Magento experience, preferably Community.
- Experience with PHP frameworks, preferably Zend
- Ability to implement responsive web designs in the above standards
- Knowledge of ecommerce and internet marketing technology and methods
- Strong problem solving skills to investigate, debug, and resolve technical issues
- Ability to communicate technical challenges and details effectively to non-technical colleagues
- 5+ years of experience doing web software development in an ecommerce business context
- Experience working with APIs and integrating third-party web services
- Proficiency with virtual server environments and web infrastructure - load balancing, caching and CDN
- Proficiency with Linux shell commands and scripting
- Perform a mix of new development, bug fixes and infrastructure tasks as required
- Deploy new releases across staging, demo and production environments
- Set up and configure new environments as needed
- Lead front-end development efforts from conception to implementation
- Write standards-compliant code and perform testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms
- Work with visual and UX Designers to translate visual concepts into functional online experiences
- Identify technical challenges and provide recommendations to enhance infrastructure and applications
- Work with, and in some cases manage, external partners in the design and development of solutions