General Merchandise Manager
A leading apparel company is looking for a General Merchandising Manager to join their team!
As a member of the Executive Management team, the primary responsibility of the GMM is to develop, lead, and execute the company's creative merchandising direction which will drive revenue growth and increase market share. This includes all efforts from planning the "look and feel" of merchandise assortments and purchasing plan development, to buying, pricing and supervising the placement of merchandise within the store.
• Directs and coordinates all merchandise planning and buying activities to assure store(s) always have the right type of merchandise available for sale to the customer
• Assures store(s) always have the right amount of merchandise (units, cost, & retail) in accordance with established Open to Buy merchandise plans.
• Works closely with and supervises the company's marketing department and sales floor staff to develop and coordinate merchandising campaigns, product displays and advertisements.
• Directs and coordinates all merchandise receiving and distribution activities
• Works closely with Sales Manager and key sales personnel to inform them of current fashion trends, new merchandise arrivals, planned display changes, and planned merchandise marketing promotions.
• Directs and coordinates all merchandise performance tracking activities to assure sell-ability, sell-through and profitability of merchandise. (or GMROI)
• Coordinates recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, performance evaluation, and termination of employees in the department. Establishes performance standards for buying and receiving staff to optimize productivity and achieve of goals.
• Analyzes and documents business processes; plans and develops systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of his/her departments.
• LEADERSHIP: Must demonstrate motivation to create a working environment that fosters commitment, energy, execution and speed.
• Responsible for treating customers, associates and vendors with respect, tact and courtesy and ensuring that communications at all levels reflect a positive tone and attitude at all times.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business Management, Marketing, or related field.
• Five or more years of experience in a fashion retail apparel environment and buying process.
• Must have thorough knowledge of current fashions trends as well as current fashion industry developments.
• Must be fluent in English speaking and writing skills.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide and compute percentages.
• Must have knowledge of gross margin return on inventory investment, turn over, stock to sales ratio, gross profit dollars and percentages, maintained markup dollars and percentages.
• Buying Department
o 2-3 buyers, 1 buyer assistant
• Receiving Department
o 1 Department Head, 2-3 Receiving & Distribution team members
• External Marketing Agency
o Account Executive(s) 1-2 People