Global Associate Merchandising Manager
The Global Associate Merchandising Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that globally led strategies are supported from a tools & systems perspective. The associate manager will report directly into the Director that oversees the global merchandising strategy.
Duties of the associate merchandising manager include but aren’t limited to the following…
- Launch calendar management (20%) – Build the seasonal footwear launch calendar in collaboration with global category partners as well as the product creation & brand teams to ensure that it is up to date on a daily basis
- Workfront management (20%) – Workfront is a project management tool that will be owned by the associate merchant to ensure that all merchandising information is accounted for and communicated efficiently
- Communication (20%) – Establishing a mutually beneficial flow of clear correspondence with all cross functional partners will be one of the primary functions of the role. The role will lead the merchandising POV during weekly Launch Recap Collaboration meetings
- Competitive Insights (20%) – In order to push into the future, the ability to know & develop actionable insights from the competitive landscape will be extremely important. The associate merchandising manager will be responsible for communicating weekly reports detailing the competitive digital landscape
- Sample Ownership (20%) – The associate manager will partner with the operations to order, track & ship GEO, affiliate & seeding samples.
Having the ability to build strong functional partnerships will be important in the success of the role. The individual will be expected to have clear & concise communication skills. This encourages the development, delivery & execution of compelling assortments & stories that enhance the category vision and ultimately services the consumer. Staying on top of the tools that will be leveraged with key partners will be a critical tenant of success within the role.
Having a strong attention to detail when creating integrated tools & managing systems is fundamental to this position. In addition, a strong working knowledge of the consumer and digital landscape are also necessary to ensure that continues to drive profitable growth.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising or related field required
- In lieu of a degree, an additional 2 years' relevant work experience may be substituted
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in merchandising, integrated retail and/or product creation related role
- Fully proficient skills in assortment planning, retail acumen, marketplace knowledge, consumer knowledge and line planning
- Experience in a cross functional work environment, project management or matrix organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Demonstrated partnership capability, including the ability to collaborate others within a work group
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking, including retail execution concepts, color application in assortments, and visual presentation development
- Strong brand understanding and ability to deliver a premium consumer experience
- Proficiency with both Microsoft & Apple applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, & Keynote
- Ability to travel up to 10%