Global Footwear Product Line Manager
Leading Lifestyle Brand is currently looking for a Global Footwear Product Line Manager temp to assist their team!
The Product Line Manager is responsible for leading an assigned category's planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. You are charged with ownership of the assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross functional leadership. The Product Line Manager owns relevant information on consumer and competitors, identifying trends, business strategy plans and analysis.
- Understands and analyses sales, margin, turns, retail price and merchandising requirements of buyers and key accounts to develop target pricing and can digest and analyze data from sell-through reports.
- You will construct strategic long-term and seasonal business plans and drive to achieve these target plans.
- Examines, reports and tracks success and failure of the category products on the marketplace, and determines reasons for success or failure.
- Conducts market research to identify and assess product opportunities, selling trends, and market growth or declines.
- The position will drive alignment between top down financial targets and bottoms up merchandise plans. With strong business acumen, the PLM will make sound recommendations and provide clear visibility to risks and opportunities within the category business.
- Partner with Merchandising director to coordinate merchandise plans and forecasts with company financial plans and forecasts and ensure alignment and consistency.
- Responsible for maintaining timelines for entire product creation process for their assigned segment of the business. Communicate with Footwear Product Director to make day-to-day product decisions along with their Design, Development, Production and Sales counterparts. Seek input from Americas. APAC and EU internal and external business partners and other relevant contacts when initiating the Global line planning process. Responsible for communicating line plans, hero products and merchandising collections to Brand Marketing / Catalog Dept.
Consumer and retail Interaction:
- The primary focus of a PLM is to meet the unique footwear product needs of an assigned category. This dictates consumer interaction with strategically selected travel. Expand the already held, knowledge of this category’s true target market. Must demonstrate the distinctions between retailer and end consumer.
- Needs to be completely tuned to the different distribution channels needs and functionality.
Product Line Planning:
- Responsible for keeping and updating on a timely basis their selected product line plans for their category. Accountable for keeping the Product line plans well synchronized with the marketing strategy.
- Analyzes consumer trends and demand to develop assortment plans, roadmaps and forecast quantities.
- Assist the Merchandising Director/VP, Design Director/VP and Creative Director in the marketing and Strategic Line Planning processes. Responsible for initiating all communication with Global PLM Team to insure that their needs are being executed in the Global Line by season.
- Act as category team leader and develop a collaborative working environment among product creation teams. Resolve process issues and recommend ways to continually improve the interaction of team members as well as process efficiencies.
- Provide Design and Development with timely, visual and factual cues to motivate and inspire them in the product process. Briefing must incorporate seasonal business plan and forecast, marketplace influences and consumer insights.
- Briefing should be achieved through formal seasonal presentations and ongoing informal interaction with the Design and Development team from line conceptualization all the way through to product confirmation.
- Responsible for presenting product lines information to key internal and external groups in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Comes armed with research, data points and preparedness on category lines.
- Help define and prepare sales tools and communication materials for category.
- Marketing or Business Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of direct consumer contact within the Action Sports Industry, Sportings goods and Family footwear chains.
- Technical Background: 4 years action sports or athletic industry exposure preferred.
- Excellent product sense, proven brand and business management skills, strong marketing skills, organization skills, general business acumen.
- Must be detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
- Service Track Record: Proven project management record
- Staff Development Abilities: Strong Analytical and Market skills
- Tools/Technologies: Extensive use of Word, Excel, Power Point, Illustrator CS and Photoshop a must
- Experience in merchandising/buying
- Knowledge of footwear construction, materials/fabrics
- Understands materials, fit, function, and end use requirements
- Forward thinking and strategic skills
- Strong Retail math skills
- Other: Excellent communication skills
- Great presentation skills, selling, negotiations skills preferred.
- Willing to travel 40%