This position provides graphic design support to the Merchandising Team. Responsible for assisting in the production of seasonal visual updates for all retailers, including visuals, lightboxes, graphic strips, endcaps, display units. Updates existing graphics across multiple markets and supports and works closely with the Visual Merchandising Team to ensure the department runs smoothly.
Seasonal visual updates for multiple retailers with varying visual sizes
Graphic / price strips for multiple retailers
Build print-ready files for direct submission to print vendors, complete with all necessary elements and spec sheets
Maintain working calendars and timelines to ensure timely and rollouts of all materials.
Assist with proofing and press checks.
Archive Files and Images
Maintain in-house archive of seasonal updates (seasonal visuals, seasonal price strips, past projects, etc.). Keep files organized on server for easy retrieval.
In addition to the performance of the job responsibilities mentioned above, this position will required to perform supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the operation.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity.
Other duties as assigned.
Successful employee should be adaptable in using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. Have the urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to effectively address the needs of the company. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- All software as described below.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to professionally prepare files for print (Link files, follow file naming and storage protocols, etc.)
- Basic print and production knowledge is a plus, but is not necessary. On the job training will be available.
- Passion for graphic/print design and display work.
- Good layout sense a must.
- Ability to work as a team with all departments.
- Creates and maintains good vendor relations
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
- Four year degree in Graphic Design strongly preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
- Retail merchandising experience, a plus
- 1 - 3 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Basic Mac system/software
- Basic MS Office Software
- Standard MS Office applications
- Basic PC/Mac conversion/compatibility troubleshooting
- Resourceful with internet