Graphic Designer for Packaging
Our client, an exciting beauty startup, is looking for a Graphic Designer for Packaging to join their growing team!
This packaging designer will be responsible for the development, execution and production of packaging design concepts for all brand packaging. In collaboration with the Creative Director, the position will identify trends and inspiration for each product and design appropriate graphics that reflect the brand look as well as maintaining and evolving core packaging.
• Conceptualizes highly creative and innovative packaging designs to address brand and product strategies.
• Partner closely with packaging, visual merchandising and creative teams to obtain key messaging / design objects for all projects.
• Partner with Creative Director to concept key product and seasonal presentations for executive review.
• Partner with sourcing to ensure that all packaging standards are maintained and projects are on time and within budget.
• Ensure effective communication regarding projects across all channels.
• Manage color correction and usage implementations for product photography. • Manage projects and tasks as assigned.
• Strong presentation & communication skills.
• Minimum 3-4 years experience in packaging design.
• BA, Graphic Design degree preferred.
• Proficient in InDesign CS5, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
• Must have a strong working knowledge graphic design programs, typography, composition, color proofing, print processes, project specs.
• High level of initiative, able to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with concepts and designing product componentry and secondary packaging.
• Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (able to compose and edit correspondence). High energy level and positive approach to job and group responsibilities.
• Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
• Experience with product photo shoots.