Graphic Designer (Pre-press)
6 month contract to hire
Our client is a leading environmental design company that has worked with world-class brands for decades. They operate out of a beautiful, full-service production facility nestled in the forest just outside of Seattle. The designers, technicians, artists, and fabricators come together to solve, build, and create solutions on-site. You will be responsible for illustrating design concepts in Adobe CS4, Microsoft Office or by hand, formatting all files for output by printers per specific use, and application of artistic filter.
• Utilizing the latest available software, develop and design concepts based on strategic insight with superior creative skills.
• The ideal candidate will have sensibility for both 2D and 3D design: there should be no limit to your creativity.
• Collaborate with other design members in the refinement of design concepts. Test the concepts’ validity and applicability within the parameters of the design problem or issue at hand.
• Analyze and recommend ways to improve efficiency in designing and documenting design concepts.
• Format all files for printing, screen printing, vinyl application, or other output means as required. Applicant should have a deep understanding of creating mechanicals for print and production.
• Achieve a minimal error rate in design content demonstrating the ability to question effectively and model the clients’ needs.
• Design all concepts in a manner consistent with the level of work currently being performed, and within the context set forth by the Design Director and Creative Director.
• Web design capability and technical know-how is a bonus.
• Become and stay aware of current marketing trends and promotional concepts at work in the world through constant market research, as instructed and provided by the President and Creative Director.
• Perform various design projects to accommodate the daily flow of business within the context of ImagiCorps and its needs as assigned by the Creative Director.
• Record all hours worked in a manner consistent with ImagiCorps’ policy.
• Back-up files as required by the Creative Director and Management Staff.
• Provide recommendations for printing methods and materials to best suit the needs of each project.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 4 Year college degree or equivalent.
• Three plus years’ experience in 3D Max, Adobe Creative Suite software skills.
• Event, Exhibit and Retail Display industry experience required.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and to respond appropriately to constant change in direction.
• Possess excellent written, oral communication and software skills.
• Comfortable working and participating in a “creative” environment.