HR Associate, Generalist
Our client is a well-known retailer creating must-have products for everything home.
HR Associate Overview:
As the HR Associate, you will manage the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. You will also be fundamental with completing human resources related tasks, such as employee relations, training, compliance, and conducting orientation, safety training/certifications, investigations, handling workmans comp, coordinating employee events and some payroll.
HR Associate Responsibilities:
• Conducting orientation, safety training/certifications, investigations, handling workmans comp, coordinating employee events and some payroll
• Develop, recommend, and integrate personnel policies and procedures, prepare handbook policies and procedures, perform benefits administration, and approve invoices
• Oversee recruitment effort for all employees, write and place advertisements, and collaborate with supervisors to screen and interview candidates
• Conduct reference checking, extend job offers, conduct new-employee orientations, monitor career-path program, and conduct exit interviews
• Manage compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and maintain all employee and applicant documentation as necessary by governing agencies
• Distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure on time completion, evaluate reports and department initiatives, and recommend new policies and procedures
HR Associate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2-3 years’ human resources experience
• Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding employment and general personnel practices
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel