HR Generalist/Fashion (Los Angeles)
Looking for an HR generalist to support established fashion company in their LA office and West coast Retail locations.
Employee Relations/ Benefits
- Supporting managers in investigatory and disciplinary activity
- Supporting managers in probationary review meetings and developing action plans with managers
- Exit interview process
- Ensures workplace safety by hosting health and safety trainings for each location
- Along with Manager and Controller, devise and implement platform of benefits (medical, dental, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending, etc) that are competitive in the market and financially sound
- Foster relationships with benefit brokers to ensure that individual claims and queries/situations are being addressed
- Work with team members on disability process (LOA forms, following up on doctor’s notes return to work date, payroll administration for employees on leave, etc)
- Support Manager on projects associated with Branding and Culture (birthdays, anniversary programs, holiday celebrations, etc).
- Participate and facilitate final interviews for management candidates and candidates joining a new location
- Develop partnerships with various search engines as well as external agencies
- Partner with Manager to formulate and develop a secure applicant tracking system by market
- Advising & supporting managers on performance management, appraisals, HR practices and new policies and procedures
- Supporting the delivery of training sessions where required
- Visit stores in key markets, new markets to the business (or existing whenever appropriate) to evaluate and coach managers with performance issues and developmental opportunities.
- Partner with Learning and Development team to continue researching and developing competitive analysis within the industry to explore ideas for training, icebreakers, team building sessions, reward programs, etc.
- Manage and maintain immigration process (ensuring I-9 compliance and new administration of US Visas)
- Partner with Immigration Attorney to ensure compliance and updated immigration regulations across the US border
- Must have experience in the fashion and retail experience, luxury a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to travel about 30-40% of the time
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.