Our client is a leading apparel design and manufacturing company with a fun and fast-paced fashion environment. Their cutting-edge, modern, and innovative approach distinguishes them at the forefront of the industry.
In this role, you would manage the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. You would also be fundamental with completing human resources related tasks, such as recruitment and employee relations, training, compliance, and salary administration.
• Establish an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and development, and high performance
• Implement and update the compensation program, conduct annual salary surveys, analyzes compensation, and monitor the performance evaluation program
• Develop, recommend, and integrate personnel policies and procedures; prepare handbook policies and procedures; perform benefits administration; and approve invoices
• Oversee recruitment effort for all employees; write and place advertisements; collaborate with supervisors to screen and interview candidates
• Conduct reference checking; extend job offers; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career-path program; and conduct exit interviews
• Manage compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and maintain all employee and applicant documentation as necessary by governing agencies
• Distribute and monitor employee performance evaluations and ensure on time completion; evaluate reports and department initiatives; recommend new policies and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or psychology
• 6-10 years’ human resources experience
• Strong knowledge of NYS and NYC labor laws
• Experience with HRIS, PEO, and ATS systems
Note: This position is based in Midtown Manhattan