Human Resources Generalist
A Leading Orange County based school is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to assist their team!
The Human Resources & Development Manager administers the processes of human resource functions including, but not limited to the following: performance reviews and measurement, training, employment, onboarding, compliance, compensation, benefits, worker’s compensation, and successfully partners with department managers to achieve a high degree of employee effectiveness.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for the review and implementation of policies and procedures to assist the company with compliance of state and federal employment requirements.
- Oversee and supervise established employee performance and career development review system (bi-annually).
- Oversee, supervise and implement individual employee, departmental, group, and company-wide training and development programs.
- Establish post-training survey/recaps for individuals to document development progress and provide information on potential transfer of knowledge sharing opportunities.
- Administer the implementation of company’s group benefit programs. Process employee enrollments and terminations. Work with third-party COBRA administrator. Reconcile monthly invoices.
- Work with the division managers and administrative staff to plan and administer recruiting activities including sourcing candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews and reference review, offer packages and new hire orientation.
- Facilitate and manage worker’s compensation program.
- Responsible for the administration of compensation programs, including incentive pay and salary guidelines.
- Assist department managers with preparation of written job descriptions.
- Process and monitor FMLA/CFRA/Disability leave of absences.
- Annually review and make recommendations to Senior Management for improvement of company’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Intake and respond to employee complaints. Counsel as necessary. Administer employee discipline procedure.
- Update employee files, online databases and reports as needed. Maintain employee files and records in accordance with California and Federal laws.
- Facilitate employee attraction and retention benefits on a monthly basis.
- Manage and implement Ad Hoc HR projects and programs to support the overall business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree; PHR/SPHR preferred.
- 3+ years Human Resources generalist experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highest level of professionalism and discretion.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.