The Sr. Industrial Designer will be responsible for designing individual products and complete product lines from ideation to tech pack completion. This will include researching and designing new innovations for the products. You will work as a collaborative player in a cross-functional team with a focus on design innovation, leadership and brand awareness.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Effectively communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences.
• Work closely with internal and external resources to implement designs.
• Maintain strong knowledge of current trends, color, technology and competitive products through travel and research.
• Demonstrate an understanding of product usage, product lines, and the specific markets in which the company does business.
• Keep informed of design, research, marketing developments to constantly improve design ability.
• Determine materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, and packaging.
• Work closely with the Product Director and Sales to conceptualize new product ideas based on an understanding of competitive products and market needs.
• Contribute to cost analysis on new product designs.
• You will be expected to travel and work with vendors in Asia.
• Adhere to design schedules to ensure a timely completion.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Excellent sketching and concept visualization skills.
• Expert –level proficiency in Illustrator/Photoshop.
• Proficiency in 3D modeling preferred. (Solidworks)
• Proven record of successfully taking projects to closure from concept to completion of tech pack, with manufacturing knowledge.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with a range of soft-good materials.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques including tooling, injection molding, textiles, pattern making, stitching/sewing, and related production methods.
• Experience with material, color and finish selection.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4+ year degree in Industrial Design or related field.
• 5+ year prior experience in similar position.
• Golf industry knowledge a plus.
• Sporting goods knowledge a plus.