Interior Designer - Freelance
A well-known CPG global brand is seeking an Interior Designer to join their team on the Westside.
As interior designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful and differentiated spaces for clients. With you as part of the commercial design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, accessories, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design or Interior Design
- 3+ years related experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of systems furniture planning, workstation design, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Communication, sketching, graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Must have thorough knowledge of commercial project constructability, project costs, and current code requirements
- Will be required to transport meeting materials, including design boards and sketches, fabric and carpet samples to and from meetings as required
This is a freelance position, full time hours. There may be flexibility to do some work remotely. Pay is $30-40/hr DOE.
Please submit your resume and portfolio for consideration.