Competitive LA retailer is looking to add a Merchandiser to their growing International team!
Obtain an extensive knowledge of the product lines to effectively communicate company key initiatives and assortments to their partners. Review existing assortments to determine additional opportunities based on the needs within each country.
Work directly with the planning team to effectively communicate product opportunities based on concept, outlet and sku goals and stockroom capacities. Seasonally introduce product assortments for each division based on store layouts and volume.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
• Communicate product lines resulting in compelling assortments for all business channels. Review existing store assortments to determine additional opportunities based on company initiatives and country specific needs
• Seasonally meet with external team members to discuss existing store assortments and future store openings. Merchandiser needs to effectively communicate verbally and through email concise product opportunities detailing outsoles, colors, and key categories. During conferences merchandisers set up and take down product assortments
• Review monthly and quarterly retail assortments to determine specific product needs based on availability, country specific needs, company directives, and sales trends. Review U.S. retail store trends to use as testimonials for future product opportunities
• Daily collaboration and communication with Planning Team
• Participate in company and brand initiatives as appropriate
• Fluent in Mandarin a PLUS (not a MUST)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient on Excel and Word documents
• Able to manage multiple tasks
• Problem solving skills
• International retail experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of merchandising/buying and retail experience
• 2+ years of planning experience
• Bachelor’s degree