Inventory/Customer Service Assistant - Part Time
Job Responsibilities Include:
Customer Service/ Inventory
- Returns: Opening boxes, placing the contents and paperwork in a basket. Breaking down boxes and processing the refund
- Go-backs: Returning products into inventory baskets. Attention to detail is necessary, including reading small print. Will consist of leaning / bending / reaching.
- Steaming: Steaming dented bras. This requires standing on your feet for periods of ~1 hour or more, and then returning the steamed bras to the inventory baskets.
- Bag and Tag: Candidate will be given sets of barcodes and loose products that need to be bagged and then attach the barcode label to the outside of the bag. This task is generally performed while standing but sitting can be accommodated.
- Inventory duties: Receiving factory shipments (intermittent), which involves counting and separating products accurately. Bending, kneeling and lifting required. When shipments arrive we do require assistance for 6-8 hours per day and possibly for 2 consecutive days.
- Customer Service: Answer customer service questions regarding bra sizing, order issues and product issues. Includes email (Zendesk), chat and phone correspondence.
- Backorders: Run a simple report and compare with shipments that are arriving to the warehouse. Determine what needs to be sent from our store location and pull necessary items from our inventory. Create a shipping label, input the tracking information to our system
- Assist with projection reports, writing orders
- Track factory samples, schedule fit testings, coordinate with our designer and fit models
- Maintain clear visibility over the status of products and their progress towards completion
- Book factory shipments
- Correspondence with wholesale customers
- Keeping product linesheets up to date
- Sending marketing emails to wholesale customers
- Picking orders, packing them, shipping and creating invoices
Desired skill sets / experience include:
Planning / scheduling: We need someone who prepares for the future and is self-disciplined. The candidate should keep a schedule to track production progress and follow up accordingly. Because of this, it is helpful to have someone who enjoys following a timeline and enforcing it.
Computer skills: Shipping software and POS (point of sale), Quickbooks or invoicing is preferred. Candidates will be trained on the different programs that we use, but if they are not comfortable with computers it will be difficult to improve their confidence / comfort level.
Correspondence: Because we are an online company, most of our correspondence is done through email with customers and contractors. Candidate should display decent writing skills with the ability to outline or explain things in detail.