Inventory Demand Planner
The Inventory Demand Planner will maintain proper inventory level inclusive of safety stock at our distribution centers.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? We understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
We know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
• Maintain proper inventory level inclusive of safety stock at our distribution centers
• Review historical demand, understand product seasonality and take into consideration promotional events, marketing campaigns and competitor intelligence to assess feedback on forecast and demand
• Develop accurate demand plans or inventory strategies to support promotions, new product introduction, phase-outs and supply chain replenishment strategies
• Participate on cross-functional teams to successfully develop and execute new product introduction. Responsible for all planning, follow-up and execution to achieve on-time product launch
• Continuous effort to improve the replenishment process including implementation of new systems and raising efficiencies to ensure optimal forecasting resulting in higher customer service level, reduced inventory, and to minimize stock-out
• Analyze and expedite, as needed, pending orders to respond to projected inventory shortages
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the system and process for inventory forecasting
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the demand-supply planning process
• Develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventory and to improve inventory turns
• Develop, write, and maintain policies and procedures to optimize efficiency in areas of purchasing, forecasting and inventory management
• Communicate supply performance in management reports and cross-functional meetings
• Bachelor degree in business administration, supply chain management, operations, logistics.
• Formal training or APICS (CPIM) certification a plus.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in material planning, demand forecasting or inventory management.
• Experience in managing large SKU base across multiple distribution centers.
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
• Investigate problems, find root causes, develop resolutions.
• Ability to develop analytical processes and tracking methods.
• Ability to manage large volumes of data and analysis simultaneously.
• High analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
• Proactive and assertive.
• Ability to apply experience and knowledge to provide creative solutions to problems.
• Understanding merchandising, forecasting, production planning is preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines, able to work with multiples priorities is a must.
• Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity.’
• Interpersonal skills, team-player, but able to work independently and with minimum guidance, if necessary.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, ERP (Sage 100) & Valogix
• Committed to continuous improvement.