A leading retail firm in San Jose is hiring for a full-time Inventory Planner that can support the Senior Inventory Planners by managing the placement of orders and product flow from vendor’s to the DC and from vendors to stores for direct product while achieving DC in stock goals and minimizing lost sales.
• Point of contact for the vendors and the inbound DC team
• Track in bound orders and manage OTB and EDD dates appropriately
• Monitor, manage and report on DC outs
• Monitor and manage the OSH replenishment inbox
• Manage the Ad and Reset tracking processes
• Manage (replenishment system) activities
• Additional duties as directed by the Senior Inventory Planners, including but not limited to: Execute manual allocations to stores as needed, Place manual buys as directed
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field with experience in a retail buying environment or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Previous experience in retail buying, planning, replenishment or allocation preferred.
• Understanding of retail inventory management measurements such as: sales, in-stock, weeks of supply, turns, etc. and how to positively impact these metrics
• Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
• High energy, strong bias for action with high sense of urgency
• Ability to see challenges as opportunities, not barriers
• Strong problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Ability to gather and interpret information
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships and resolve conflicts with peers and cross-functional teams
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines