IOS Developer | Permanent | Philadelphia, PA
Title: IOS Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems
Lead the effort to build out applications, libraries, and services on iOS devices to integrate point of sale systems with card readers.
- Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
- Execute thorough unit and system testing
- Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
- Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with Objective-C experience
- 1-2 years’ experience with Swift, as well as various mobile iOS platforms/frameworks/libraries is required
- Experience developing custom frameworks with a deep understanding of Objective-C design patterns
- Strong unit testing experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful services and consuming JSON or XML
- Strong object oriented experience
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with Core Data
- Experience developing CocoaPod deployment packages
- Experience using Instruments to tune code and resolve performance issues
- UI development using both Storyboard and XIB files
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, concurrent programming, and real-time communications
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum, Extreme Programming
Nice to Have:
- Experience communicating with external devices through USB, Bluetooth, or TCPIP
- Published multiple applications to the
- App Store Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, C# is considered a plus
- Additional experience with MiFi, the Volume Purchase Program, and OS X development is a plus.
- Strong interest in the tooling/development process with continuous integration
- Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws