Java Application Developer
Our client is a leading specialty retailer offering well-known brands for apparel, shoes, and accessories. Their extensive selection, high-quality, and on-trend merchandise makes it effortless to dress stylish every day.
In this role, you would be responsible for leading the development and maintenance of user-facing applications. You would also be responsible for monitoring application performance and working with cross-functional teams.
• Provide production support for store and corporate support and present workarounds and long-term solutions to production issues
• Lead the implementation, development, and maintenance of user-facing applications, including Oracle POS, Central Office, Back Office, and underlying systems and processes
• Develop and test Java-based applications and XML web-based interfaces to systems running in store and corporate environments
• Evaluate user business requests for new or modified software applications to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system and functional capabilities
• Work with cross-functional teams, including users, senior members of the technical staff, and IT leadership to identify current operating procedures and establish program objectives
• Monitor application performance and evaluate code to detect syntax or logic errors during program test
• 3-5+ years’ development experience
• Proficient with Java and Oracle