Jewelry Designer - freelance
Our client, a Southern California based jewelry company inspired by California's free spirited and natural beauty is currently searching for a dynamic individual who is eager to join a great team as a freelance Jewelry Designer. The position requires expert understanding and command of design processes, such as casting, stone setting, mounting, soldering, engraving and the technical knowledge of various techniques like 3D-modelling, computer aided design, 3D construction and other similar techniques.
- Conceptualize and design product assortments for specific store channels.
- Work with the design team to create, source and execute new designs.
- Contribute inspiration, new ideas, sketches, prototypes and mock up samples throughout the design process in line with the company brand.
- Partner with vendors and suppliers to develop prototypes and production samples in accordance with the design process and timeline.
- Direct design support team as needed to guide proper execution and follow through of all new designs.
- Source materials such as gems, findings, beads, leather, eco-friendly, locally sourced U.S.A. made and non-domestic components as well as alternative materials.
- Complete understanding and ability to do cost analysis. Must be able to cost designs, compare pricing, and make adjustments.
- 5 years minimum of jewelry company product design experience, with a complete understanding of jewelry product development from concept to model making to casting to assembly.
- Jewel design and hands on jewelry making background a must. A conceptual designer with strong color sense along with a creative and innovative vision.
- Skilled in basic jewelry techniques such as wire wrapping, knotting, loom work, and macramé and experienced with model making, wax working, casting, fabrication, stone setting and/or other jewelry making techniques
- Sourcing and production set up experience with Domestic and non-domestic suppliers and vendors.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a design team.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to pay attention to details.
- Strong knowledge of metals and precious stones.
- Ability to sketch ideas and provide jewelry renderings in design software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with design team members, vendors and company employees at all levels.
- Command of with Microsoft Excel, Word and Mac platform. Working knowledge of design software like CAD, 3D-modelling, Photoshop etc. as well as proficient with In Design, and or Illustrator.
- Training and experience in jewelry fabrication and gemology is preferable. Jewelry manufacturing vendor contacts and relationships a plus.
- Love of fashion, follower of trends, and arbiter of style.
24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.