Jr. Project Manager role in San Jose (long-term fulltime contract)
Our client in San Jose has a need for a Jr. Project Manager. This is a long-term, full-time contract that could extended and this would be on-site work.
Assist project manager in all aspects of project management including project planning, data gathering, analysis, development, communication, status tracking, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up. Coordinates project and resource booking, including roadmap and resource tracking activities with project manager and communicates to key project stakeholders.
- Tracking the progress of project(s), including milestones, budget, action items and issues.
- Developing project work break down structures using MS Project following a project management life cycle methodology.
- Designing and implementing MS-Project templates and filters for project plan tracking and reporting.
- Designing and distributing templates to facilitate project tracking, change control, metrics, and issue decision management.
- Follow-up on project issues with project manager(s) to assist in the development of solutions.
- Following through on action items generated from project team meetings.
- Acting as liaison between various stakeholders, departments, outside agencies, or collaborators, providing status reports and data analysis and ensuring flow of communication between groups.
- Performing ongoing maintenance of the project knowledge base and PMO document archives.
- Recommending and developing operational or process improvements for the performance and successful functioning.
- Participating in required meetings, activities, and related projects and relevant interdepartmental activities.
- Performing special projects as requested by supervisor.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with Sr. Level Project Managers
- Familiarity with MS Project and MS SharePoint
- Comfortable communicating professionally with technical teams