Junior Category Management Analyst
A well-known entertainment company is looking for a Junior Category Management Analyst for a temporary opportunity. This is an on-going need so an end date is not set at the moment.
This is M-F, 7:30am-4:30am shift.
Hourly rate: $30.00/HR
*There will be a math assessment if an in person interview is requested*
- You will use research tools and comprehensive analysis to create a compelling product strategy, working closely with key stakeholders.
- Manager is looking for a junior level analyst with strong excel w/ data analysis experience (large data sets – 10k or more of excel data)
- Conducting and communicating comprehensive and thorough analysis of DVD & Blu-ray sales at key accounts to provide insights used to determine strategic direction.
- Helping key stakeholders better understand the marketplace by providing competitive analysis, market sizing and feature comparisons.
- Regularly sharing actionable recommendations and best practices at key retailers.
- Identifying the best mix of research tools available to conduct analysis.
- Candidate should be equally comfortable working with existing data sources, creating new data from user testing, or relying upon industry research.
- Generate weekly tracking reports to measure performance of key titles in the marketplace
- Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Very advanced skills in Excel
- 3-5 years of experience in media or sales analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be a highly effective communicator with all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics a plus
- Any experience in finance, economics, or mathematics
- Must have the ability to analyze data and see big picture
- Must be able to pass a background check