Creative Services Jobs
Junior Packaging Designer
In this position, you would be responsible for developing packaging layouts, creating artwork, and inserting designs using existing artwork.
- Design, develop and test a variety of structural packaging to achieve CSP (Cost, Schedule & performance)
- Lead development of retail/customer packages to support new products, package improvements, package refresh and cost reduction.
- Foster use of cutting-edge technologies and innovative design approaches in structural packaging solutions for the consumer markets.
- Work directly with each graphic designer to translate brand, licensing & marketing requirements into innovative functional packaging structure designs for new and existing products, using paperboard, corrugated vacuum-formed plastic, blisters and other materials for best shelf appeal.
- Perform preliminary package feasibilities to determine proper package size and affordability.
- Evaluate structural package designs for cost effectiveness, considering material options, global sourcing, manufacturability, pallet and container utilization etc.
- Evaluate pre-production and production samples to ensure material quality and product placement are specified
- Generate timely, accurate, manufacturable die-lines for graphic development.
- Document all packaging, including conceptual, manufacturing, assembly, interior protective packaging/insert, MS project spreadsheets documenting all package parts, elements and contents.
- Create package samples as needed for brand, marketing, graphic mock ups, sales and product fit assessments.
- Maintain knowledge of new packaging technologies and trends related to design, materials, treatments and machinery in order to drive innovation and functionality.
- Collaborate with local and overseas manufacturing and quality engineers to ensure parties are aligned on all issues related to ongoing products.
- Monitor current packages for improvements in quality and cost.
- Seek opportunities to cost-reduce existing packaging for “carry-over” products while maintaining “perceived value”.
- Manage multiple product categories simultaneously and effectively.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with ArtiosCAD and SolidWorks 3D programs, with experience producing manufactured retail packages, including concept, assembly, interior protective packaging/insert.
- Basic skill with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Intermediate to advance skill with MS Excel, word and Outlook.
- Portfolio of past structural designs.
- Able and willing to travel as required.
- Strong presentation skill, highly organized with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Able to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to finish projects on time
- Good follow through skills
- Positive and strong personality
- Great time management skills.