Development Tech Jobs
Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer for our team that is responsible for building and operating backend services. This team works in a cross functional group to architect, plan, and execute on new features. We're enthusiastic practitioners of devops and are heavily invested in the reliability and operation of the services we build.
Our Lead Software Engineers are responsible for helping their teams continuously improve. You will spend time mentoring other engineers and aiding the team in eliminating roadblocks. You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team's services. In addition, you will build relationships with other teams to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable, scalable designs that benefit the entire organization. You will partner with other engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and project management while serving as a mentor and advocate for your own team.
- Enjoy leading and mentoring other teammates
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Take ownership and responsibility for your work as well as your team’s work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and helping grow your teammates
- Like learning new programming languages
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications.
You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Have experience working at scale utilizing microservices architectures
- Experience with Java, Scala or Python
- High volume Message Queues such as Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with DynamoDB and MySQL (RDS)