Manager, Package Development (Prestige Hair)
Our client is a well-known beauty brand, specializing in luxury haircare. Their scientifically advanced, innovative, and transformative products make it effortless to have picture perfect hair on the regular!
In this role, you will be responsible for the packaging development of NEW product launches. You will drive the packaging innovation process from supplier ideation through launch.
- Develop new packaging programs ensuring that construction, design and cost perameters are met.
- Participate in vendor selection; work with suppliers to provide cost effective solutions along with the best quality and function.
- Oversee internal package development timelines with key development milestones-monitor and report progress.
- Develop preliminary packaging cost options for new product launches, value analysis ideas and packaging revisions.
- Review and set quality criteria/ranges for packaging components and master standards.
- Manage disposition of all packaging quality issues from initial investigation to implementing final solution + develop Risk Management Profiles for all programs.
- Prepare timely and accurate Bills of Material (BOM) and Assembly Instructions.
- Create Package Development SOPs for key operations and training; develop and maintain monthly key packaging department analytics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Package Engineering/Development or Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- 5+ years' Beauty/Cosmetics/CPG Package Development experience (PRESTIGE BEAUTY preferred)
- Open to 35% travel to NY/NJ/OH
- Currently living or willing to relocate to Greater Boston Area
- Expertise with Metal, Glass, Plastic, Aluminum and Water-based materials
- Soft skills: team-oriented/collaborative; roll-up-your-sleeves mentality; resourceful; solution-oriented; effective communicator; articulate