Managing Directory, Technology
Our client, a large full-scale creative agency, is looking for a Managing Director, Technology. This is a fulltime role onsite here in Portland, OR.
The Managing Director of Technology Services is responsible for setting the strategic vision for how technology is integrated throughout the agency and drives key technology initiatives for the Technical Services Group (TSG), focused on translating business requirements into technical solutions that deliver on client expectations and match the highest standard of quality. The Managing Director works closely with the group
managers, focusing on the integration of technical efforts across teams, third-party vendors, and partners on all digital marketing offerings.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
• Define the agency's technology vision & strategy and lead it’s understanding and adoption throughout the agency
• Be the face and voice for Tech and our POV throughout the community, industry, our clients and our opportunities
• Own Tech’s KPIs for profitability, efficiency and ensuring work is scoped, executed and delivered on schedule, on-budget and wowing the client
• Listen, learn, understand your team’s skills, personalities, tech chops, dynamics and success drivers then set the plan to empower them to grow and succeed
• Align the Tech Team with agency culture, teamwork, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements in support of agency's strategic goals and brand in alignment with client satisfaction.
• Set the tone and example as an agency leader as part of the Leadership Team
• Drive organizational and operational excellence throughout the TSG functions and roles.
• Manage and facilitate forecasting of department staffing and resource allocation across technical deliverables.
• Balance team work load, triage new jobs/projects and assign priorities to billable staff.
• Evaluate work developed by technical staff to insure it meets agency's technical standards.
• Lead regularly scheduled TSG department meetings.
• Mentor technical talent and evaluate/recruit new talent as needed.
• Build/manage network of outside technical resources (individuals and companies) that support the agency as needed.
• Develop detailed job descriptions and responsibilities for all TSG roles, clearly communicating expectations to individuals in those roles.
• Perform annual reviews of assigned full-time staff.
• Actively participate and support business development when appropriate, including proposal development, travel, and in person presentations as a senior technical expert.
• Provide technical content and review new proposals as requested.
• Engage with clients as requested to reinforce agency's technical expertise, clarify technical solutions, or remedy performance issues.
Vendor /Partner Management
• Manage technology vendors and partnerships that interface with TSG.
• Establish engagement and production processes with agency.
• Participate in the development of new contractual agreements; determine/document terms and conditions.
• Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place for all vendors and partners.
• Evaluate performance and provide feedback as needed.
• Display excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills and have a passion for relationship building.
• Collaborate with creative directors, account directors, department managers, producers, writers, designers, developers, and quality assurance personnel to deliver the highest quality products.
• Build strategic relationships with staff, partners, and customers to enhance the working environment, product quality, product success, and customer satisfaction.
• Understand and utilize the agency's development and creative/design cycles and follow both general technical documentation and brand guidelines for all projects.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, web development technology and advancements insuring the agency provides state of the art services.
THINGS YOU HAVE
• Four-year degree in technical field or equivalent from an accredited college or university; computer science degree preferred.
• 10+ years of general technology management experience (IS, IT, software house, systems integrator/ systems engineering firm).
• 5+ years of management experience directing Interactive development teams in an agency setting.
• Applied knowledge of the entire Interactive development life cycle covering functional analysis, solutions architect, development lead, developer, QA, deployment, and training.
• Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to act as a technology leader in a senior leadership role responsible for technology teams.
• Experience implementing new processes and best practices in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with object-oriented design concepts, frameworks and patterns.
• Expert level of knowledge in a wide-array of programming languages and environments encompassing desktop, web, and mobile.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to track relevant market trends and stay on top of emerging technologies.
Success will be measured in a variety of areas including but not limited to:
• Be viewed and accepted as an authority in technical development, solutions, and processes by the agency’s staff, clients, vendors, and partners.
• Effectively manage, retain and grow department / staff.
• Abiltiy to increase the adoption of Tech with more clients throughout the agency.
• Consistently produce the highest quality products.
• Integrate services within the agency operationally (process flow) and emotionally (team integration).
• Generate sufficient billable revenue for organization that is high margin, value-add, and in demand.
• Consistently operate within the agency's values and cultural style.