Marketing Manager - Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Marketing Manager – Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Our client is an award-winning global design and architecture firm that is seeking a Marketing Manager to join their team. The Marketing Manager works closely with senior leadership to manage the marketing and business development efforts for our clients commercial real estate practice. This role is responsible for developing and executing effective plans that support the practice’s growth strategy. The Marketing Manager develops and manages an annual marketing budget, tracks metrics, and orchestrates effective new business/prospect efforts.
- Lead Generation & Client Relationships: In partnership with senior leaders, the Marketing Manager researches, identifies, and qualifies new leads – from both new and existing clients. S/he is responsible for helping to craft and ensure accuracy of an ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement. S/he develops, manages, and leads a client loyalty program in partnership with NBBJ’s design studios.
- Prospect & Point-of-Sale Strategies. The Marketing Manager leads teams that produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling new business efforts: qualification packages, proposals, and presentations, which address client needs and clearly articulates the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity. S/he is expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging with prospective clients in an entrepreneurial way. S/he needs to understand and communicate NBBJ's unique value proposition, and look for novel opportunities in order to build awareness of NBBJ’s service offerings.
- Communication and Collaboration: The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating visibility and transparency in the sales pipeline and business development process among sales professionals.
- Content Development and Quality Assurance: The Marketing Manager has a proven track record developing relevant content that supports sales strategies. S/he ensures that all proposals, qualification packages, presentations, and general marketing materials portray NBBJ’s brand as developed by the Communications team, producing best-in-class, and competitive marketing material.
- Design Discipline Empathy: The Marketing Manager is deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creation of learning opportunities for project teams is paramount. Because of this, an openness and desire to understand all the various aspects of design are critical, as is a commitment to dialogue with the broader NBBJ architect/designer community.
- Managing Metrics: S/he meets cost, revenue, and sales goals within the practice.
- Mentorship: S/he oversees, mentors, and guides marketing support staff and acts as an effective advocate for her/his team members. S/he is invested in the growth and development of her team.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in leading marketing and business development programs for professional services/B2B companies
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience and an ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate business development and marketing staff
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; Graduate Degree in Real Estate business, Marketing or Communications a plus.
- Experience in an operational or project-management role
- Thorough understanding of executing demand generation and marketing programs
- Ability to coach and teach design professionals about marketing best practices
- Willingness to travel 25-30% in the U.S.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage large teams
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM and other marketing software is a plus
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta