Marketing Manager, Canada, eCommerce
Our client, a leading international retailer, is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, for their Canada Online business. This position is a long term contract assignment.
The Senior Marketing Manager for company Canada Online will manage promotional, email, and site marketing for gap.ca and will be responsible for driving business to meet our goals. Strategic thinking, operational excellence, and innovation are key for ensuring success in this role. This person will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, Online North America.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Drive overall strategy and execution for company Canada online marketing, including email, promotions, and site content, to meet business objectives, deliver innovation, and build the brand.
• Develop seasonal marketing strategies in conjunction with the US team to drive and grow the Canadian business. Develop clear objectives and strategies for localized content.
• Collaborate with buying and company planning teams to ensure that marketing plans support financial forecasts. Drive contingency planning to enable in-season flexibility for changing business conditions.
• Lead the team in analytics, data-driven learning/decisions and hind sighting. Develop marketing hind sights to understand performance of all vehicles. Capture key learnings weekly to inform future strategies.
• Lead and inspire all teams involved in Canada Online through sharing business context, financial objectives, and customer and performance insights.
Operations and Processes
• Coordinate the flawless execution of all programs and overall customer experience with Production and Creative partners.
• Develop scalable processes, leveraging best practices from the US team as well as sister-brands to create operational efficiencies.
• Be knowledgeable on all tools and processes for promotions, email, and site in order to provide backup coverage and train new team members.
• Develop testing strategy to optimize all marketing vehicles.
• Understand Canada’s customer mind-set, unique market needs, and trends. Identify and prioritize unique Canadian marketing opportunities.
• Drive innovation in promotions, email, and site. Look for new ways to drive traffic/ acquire customers.
Leadership and Technical Skills
• Track record of solid strategic thinking. Ability to prioritize larger Gap brand initiatives with Canada specific goals.
• Strong analytical thinker. Ability to analyze data, interpret for a broad audience and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making.
• Extensive experience in building effective cross functional relationships and navigating the complexities of a large organization.
• Must be adept at dealing with ambiguity and be comfortable pioneering and in working in new, undefined areas.
• Excellent communications skills: ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams.
• Passion for brand and the retail/fashion industry and a track record of being customer focused.
• 7+ years of marketing or relevant experience with a strong understanding of direct marketing best practices.
• Strong Excel and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Background in retail/fashion industry, ecommerce preferred.
• Omniture and CRM experience a plus.
• Knowledge of the Canadian market a plus.