Our Sustainability focused agency client (Certified B Corp!) is looking to add a Marketing manager to their growing team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role provides senior level marketing and communication expertise in support for a dedicated business unit. Reporting to the the Associate Director of Marketing, you will work closely with the creative services team to develop and recommend data-driven marketing plans for programs and coordinate the implementation of these plans, which may include supervising the work of others. The range of marketing activities includes creating materials for community challenges, developing messaging for new programs and campaigns, managing the social media strategy for a program and developing content for newsletter, website, social media and other areas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Marketing Manager will be charged with four main areas of responsibility:
1) Project Management
- Utilize project management software to ensure all internal stakeholders are informed of calendar, requirements and nuances of every project.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with internal staff to ensure proper allocation of resources and identify/alleviate potential challenges that may take a project off course in terms of time and/or budget.
2) Data-Driven Marketing
- Strategize and lead integrated marketing plan development through a variety of channels such as direct mail, outbound email, social media, SEM, events and more.
- Develop key performance indicator (KPI) reporting strategies and best practices for channels across new and established programs.
- Gather metrics to build out the customer journey to enrollment in a voluntary utility renewable energy program and understand segmentation nuances to continually improve the efficacy of delivering clients’ enrollment goals.
- Use data to create messaging maps & pillars for a cohesive approach to content & campaign deliverables.
3) Content Creation & Campaign Development
- Hands-on advisory services, development and management of promotional materials for use across multiple channels and campaigns such as community challenges, sales/outreach and other program materials.
- Work directly with internal designers and program managers as well as key personnel at utility clients, such as brand managers, to produce creative copy and visuals that are consistently on-brand, on-voice, on-message and impactful.
4) Product Development & Team Growth
- Proactively use learnings from assigned partnerships and existing workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of process and programs across all partnerships
- Work with utility marketing and partnership leadership to identify opportunities for integrated product development and improvement.
- Support the ongoing growth of the utility marketing team by providing collaborative guidance on best practices and current marketing trends
WHAT WE’LL NEED FROM YOU
- General knowledge of renewable energy, the carbon market and/or Green-e guidelines.
- Experience in cultivating relationships and outlining strategies when bringing in a new client.
- Ability to thoroughly understand clients needs, expectations and challenges as well as to offer creative solutions to “wow” clients.
- Excellent project and calendar management skills with the ability to succeed in fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline driven atmosphere that often requires a shifting of priorities.
- Proven track record of successfully hitting the ground running.
- Superb communication skills.
- Excellent writer with the ability to consistently write on-brand, error-free and compelling content in multiple mediums.
- 7+ years of executing digital and print marketing campaigns in line with current best practices
- 7+ years of experience facilitating cross-functional marketing projects within in-house and virtual environments while streamlining and building scalable and replicable processes - all without sacrificing quality.
- A high aptitude for and 7+ years experience with using data and marketing analytics to inform decision-making and advisory services.
- 5+ years experience in pitching new concepts and presenting results to a variety of stakeholders.
- 5+ years providing client advisory services related to strategy and planning for omnichannel campaigns focused on continual conversion optimization through a quantitative and qualitative lens that accounts for fixed and variable costs.
- Professional experience with Google for Business Apps and/or Microsoft Office applications
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic — demonstrates judgment and initiative in identifying and accomplishing project tasks.
- Professional presence and delivery whether in person, on phone or webinar.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.