Our client is a popular brand creating the latest outdoor apparel and accessories. With their on-trend, innovative, and modern designs, you can effortlessly enjoy every adventure in style.
In this role, you would be responsible for developing and sourcing trim components for all apparel and equipment lines. You would also be responsible for working with design and product development teams and attending material shows.
• Create trim components for all apparel and equipment lines, source notions and trims, and monitor production quality control
• Partner with cross-functional teams, including design and product development to develop trims for specific product functionality and branding requirements
• Oversee seasonal trims developments, ensure trims are completed on-time, maintain the trim library, and assist meeting trims needs for use in seasonal prototypes and counter samples
• Coordinate trim tests following the brand and industry standards and lead management of field testing programs
• Attend material shows, research findings, notions, and trim trends, and meet with suppliers for line reviews
• Remain current of industry trends, provide recommendations to incorporate trends into designs, and build a network of contacts within the industry
• Bachelor’s degree in materials science, apparel design, or related field
• 1-2 years’ apparel industry experience related to trims and/or materials
• Knowledge of the design and development process and trims and textile manufacturing
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite, PLM, and Adobe Creative Suite