Development Tech Jobs
Materials Scanning Technician
Materials Scanning Technician responsible for converting archival materials and new seasonal footwear, apparel, and accessory fabrics to digital format using a high-resolution scanner or other means for a multi-institutional project to create digital collections used in various 3D software programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scan materials, artwork, etc. and import in 3D program software; correct color and manipulate images as required using Adobe Suite software (Photoshop or Substance)
- Post Processing digital materials and ensuring Quality Assurance for use in KeyShot, Clo3D, and Browzwear.
- Primary focus is footwear materials; secondary is accessories
- Properly handle materials and fabrics.
- Support the preparation of materials for scanning.
- Record technical, item, and structural metadata in a spreadsheet.
- Enter descriptive metadata into a digital collections content management system
- Calibrate all components of scanner and computer workstation on a regular basis.
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Substance, and KeyShot preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and as a part of a team.
- Sensitivity to and experience handling library or archival materials.
- Ability to operate a computer and scanner.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Some training and/or experience with photography or graphic communication arts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail required.
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them