Media Relations Specialist
Our client, a lifestyle/actionsports brand in the South Bay is looking for a Media Relations/PR Specialist. This is a fulltime position onsite.
Candidates must be motivated with experience and a passion for motorsports.
• Act as point person for all media outlets, print and web in North America. This includes any types of motorcycling Media (Touring, Sport, Adventure, Commuting, Cruisers etc) plus Auto Media outlets.
• Assist with all media contact needs.
• Encourage and generate product placement through product dissemination for test/review. Provide products to media outlets.
• Visit editors to further build relationships, present and explain products and identify media opportunities.
• Organize and execute media events with editors for additional exposure.
• Manage media product stock. Coordinate media products orders and requests for customized gear when appropriate.
• Contribute to Social Media posts to leverage brand exposure and motorsports involvement on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Distribute press releases and official communications (maintain mailing lists) and write press releases when appropriate.
• Contribute to internal newsletter about events.
• Participation to events like Tech Air presentations or events organized to engage with the public.
• Participation to Media events to engage the public like Bonnier's High Pipe, Track Experience and ADV Rallies.
• Representing at track days to support Media tests and maximize opportunities with press and public.
• Participation to OEM's motorcycles introduction to supply editors with products. Attend and supervise on-site activities and logistics.
PRESENTING & PUBLIC SPEAKING
Deliver brand and product presentations at sales meetings and other meetings as needed.
SUPPORT TO ART DEPT ACTITIVIES
Support Art Department with photoshoots if needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of 2 - 4 years professional experience within the Motorsports industry and involving media relations/public relations/corporate communications.
• Excellent command of the English Language - spelling, grammar, written and spoken.
• Strong presentation delivery skills and confidence to present in front of groups, both small and large.
• Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines. Multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
• Be a good relationship builder with the ability to be creative and an anticipatory team player.
• Ability to travel frequently.
Send your resume today!
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”