Content & Copywriting
Medical Editor | Part-time, Ongoing, Remote | $30/hr
Position: Medical Editor
Location: Offsite, Remote
Estimated Duration: 3 months, ongoing
Starts: ASAP, Reviewing Resumes Immediately
Our agency client that services pharmaceutical and bio tech companies is seeking a Medical Editor on a longer term freelance basis.
In this role you will edit, format and proofread a range of deliverables including PowerPoint presentations, sales training modules, brochures and the like in a paperless environment.
The bulk of the work will be PowerPoint presentations for advisory board meetings and speaker trainings that range from 50-100 slides with hundreds of annotations.
The Medical Editor will also need to fact-check a high volume of content against primary sources (scientific journals, medical textbooks, etc).
Other responsibilities could include but may not be limited to:
- Ensuring all content aligns with the client's medical, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring all content aligns with the AMA Manual of Style (10th edition)
- Creating and maintaining style guides and developing other educational tools for the team
- Tagging and linking documents in a proprietary electronic system
- Obtaining permissions and ordering references
To be considered for this position please have:
- No less than 3 years of copyediting/proofreading experience in the pharma or medical industry (agency or in-house)
- The ability to understand and digest highly technical and scientific information
- Expert level understanding of AMA Manual of Style (10th edition)
- Expert level skills in PowerPoint, Word and Adobe Acrobat (comment and markup tools)
- A familiarity with general scientific concepts and the ability to grasp more complex scientific applications
- A high level of proficiency with internet searches (PubMed)
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to deliver on-time with no errors
An editing test will be required as part of interview process
If you are qualified for this opportunity please forward your resume today!