This position will be responsible for providing meeting planning services to both professional society clients and trade association clients and reports to the Director of Meetings and Conventions. The primary role of the Meeting Manager is to collaborate with Association Executive or Premier Meeting Solutions client in the planning, implementation and managing of all meeting functions. It may require communications and independent interaction with volunteer leaders including Officers, Board Members, and Committee Chairs, as well as with the general membership and others associated with or interested in the association.
Duties include all aspects of association meeting planning such as:
• Creating and managing meeting budget and timeline;
• Researching sites; negotiating hotel contracts; identifying and contracting with outside resources (audio/visual and production companies, decorating services, air and ground transportation, destination management companies, off-site venues);
• Serve as liaison with Association Executive and/or Conference Committee; coordinating and participating in Conference Committee calls and/or face-to-face meetings;
• Identifying and partnering with online abstract management companies to manage the submission, review, acceptance and scheduling of abstracts for presentation;
• Partnering with the continuing education provider(s) to manage all aspects of continuing education approval and administration;
• Managing trade shows and exhibitions;
• Confirming invited speakers and following up with speakers to collect consent forms, handouts, bios, and audio visual needs;
• Working with the Conference Committee and Association Executive to take the lead in developing printed materials including postcards, registration brochures, abstract books, and onsite meeting programs;
• Serving as a liaison with the hotel to oversee all aspects of the meeting and communicating needs via event specification guides;
• Travel on-site, if required, to manage the meeting logistics, including arranging and attending pre-con meeting with hotel to discuss expectations of all vendors. If travel is not required, prepare the person responsible for on-site coordination and provide written directions and documentation in a binder format. Less than 20% of time is dedicated to travel.
• Conduct post-meeting review and provide summary within two weeks of meeting’s conclusion; reconcile all invoices within two weeks of receipt; make certain that hotel Business Valuation Report has been received and is complete before hotel invoice is paid.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years experience meeting planning experience in both trade and professional societies required; CMP preferred;
• Association meeting management is also preferred.
• Non-profit experience or healthcare meetings background a plus.
• Knowledge of the Meeting and Tradeshow industry as well as current trends in the industry.
• Experience managing abstracts is also preferred
Job Type: Contract to Hire