Leading Orange County based apparel company is currently looking for a Mens Apparel Designer to join their team!
- Conceptualize and create juniors seasonal direction with Design Director
- Own designing mens specific designs and tag on styles based on line plan
- Responsible for all categories within the mens line – tops and bottoms
- Owns key seasonal development approvals – fabric & color
- Deep knowledge of mens clothing regulations
- Owns creating mens tech packs
- Responsible for maintaining tech packs with current information
- Owns creating and maintaining mens cads
- Owns handing over tech packs to global developers
- Owns communicating updates to appropriate team members
- Fittings: · Attend all mens fittings
- Provides comments and direction to fit tech
- Owns updating tech packs based on comments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in mens cut & sew design
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to sketch, spec, drape and communicate silhouette and ideas clearly
- Strong knowledge of juniors garment construction and techniques
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously