Men's Retail Buyer
Men’s Retail Buyer
The Retail Buyer will build assortment strategies to gain market share and drive revenue for Monobrand Stores in North America.
- Build assortment strategies to gain market share and drive revenue for the men’s ready to wear business
- Collaborate with internal partners in US and Italy to establish long-term, viable business growth opportunities.
- Formulate and execute selection, range, assortment and promotion of merchandise in assigned product category by store need and demographic.
- Consistently analyze in season sales performance and make recommendations to Managing Director and team.
- In close partnership with Planning team:
- Communicate weekly business performance; suggest follow up strategies to business partners to drive full price sales.
- Analyze and run ad-hoc reports to identify business drivers and possible liabilities.
- Execute key performance indicators, sell thru and gross margin, across all doors.
- Evaluate OTB in areas of sales, markdowns, receipts to identify and place re-orders.
- Partner with the Planning Analyst to continually manage the men’s ready to wear business thru in season analysis.
- Manage order file, liaise with stores regarding product availability and communicate opportunities with stores.
- Strategize timing and fulfillment of replenishment and merchandise consolidations.
- Participate in store visits to enhance knowledge of customer base and profile.
- Create strategy to track seasonal marketing campaigns, analyze campaign matrix to identify performance against buy.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in buying and/or planning
- Ready to wear experience preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and familiarity of inventory systems
- Willingness and ability to travel 30-40%
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter and motivated to drive projects to completion while having an aptitude to lead team