Merch Ops Project Manager (Beauty & Skincare)
This role is responsible for updates in Merchandise Operations, which includes the Brand Update process and tracking for all beauty brands and categories. Acting as the liaison with our JCP partners this position is also responsible for maintaining the budgeting, planning and ordering of fixtures, trays and graphics. It involves extensive coordination and negotiation between fixture/graphic companies, cross-functional and brand partners to ensure accurate and on time updates are delivered to stores.
1) Responsible for coordinating the assortment and plan-o-gram process for seasonal brand fixture updates. Ensure Suppliers receive assortments to align with scheduled updates.
2) Review and compare assortments to plan-o-grams. This includes all graphics for fixture. Communicate any discrepancies or errors to fixture companies, merchandising team as well as Brands for resolution.
3) Manage the Work Front system for all update Artwork projects. Collect job starts, input into Work Front system and schedule kick-off meetings with Creative and Merchant Teams. Follow through the process to ensure graphics arrive in store on time for scheduled Updates.
4) Maintain “Smartsheet” to ensure all updates execute on time – train cross functional partners on Smartsheet/Updates to Smartsheet to ensure accuracy.
5) Work closely with Graphic companies to ensure graphics arrive at the tray company in time to make the “fixture ship” date.
6) Maintain the appropriate world (Color, skincare, Fragrance, etc.) assortment with the latest renderings
7) Act as liaison between Fixture Manufacturers, Graphic Company, Property Development, Merchandising and Freestanding on any update related issues.
8) Process all invoices and work closely with Senior Merchandise Operations Manager to ensure all updates are on budget.
9) Negotiate with Suppliers when needed on pricing (fixtures and shipping costs).
10) Responsible for generating and tracking PO’s Keep Brands in the loop on YTD Budget Spend to ensure they are planning the balance of the year accurately.
11) Proof all Update plan-o-grams; focus renderings, and graphics strips with the Assistant Buyers for accuracy.
12) Conduct Supplier conference calls weekly to track Update progress ensuring all deadline dates are on track keeping manager and JCP partners up to date on project initiatives and key issues.
13) Hold weekly meetings with the Merchant Team to ensure that product delivery aligns with trays and graphics.
14) Manage multiple projects in an extremely fast paced environment.
15) Various duties/Special Projects as assigned.