Our client, a retailer for name-brand merchandise is looking for a Merchandising Assistant for their Home Buying division!
- Analyzing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Devising a merchandise plan using the above techniques.
- Relaying the merchandise plan to the buyer who, in turn, can decide on what products, styles, colors etc to purchase and from which suppliers, at what price.
- Devising a contract for the suppliers including quality control, accuracy and flexibility. This is done throughout the season.
- Allocating certain amounts of stock, to each outlet, throughout the season. Retailers are now trying to minimize stock holdings and commitment to allow for maximum flexibility.
- Once the products are all distributed and put on sale, the Merchandiser can monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions or clear outs etc.
- Excel- mastery level- able to create and manipulate formulas, organize data on multiple spreadsheets, v-lookups and pivot tables a MUST
- Quick learner- able to problem solve and navigate through a complex hierarchy system from a remote location
- Strong communicator- able to speak up and provide push back to manage priorities and competing projects while possessing a can-do attitude
- Strong organization skills- multi-tasking is a must; will be handling 4 Buyers, 4 assistant buyers and 1 VP; experience working in a professional corporate office environment vs. retail store experience
- Positive and upbeat attitude- team oriented; able to take feedback objectively
Please send your resume for immediate consideration!