Merchandise & Demand Planner
Lifestyle brand is seeking a Merchandise & Demand Planner!
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Serves as the merchandise planner for USA wholesale and retail channels
• Analyze and re-cap business trends on a weekly basis to capitalize on opportunities within product groups
• Work with the sales and design team to plan and maintain appropriate inventory levels and maximize sales
• Forecast product at the style/color level using BlueCherry ERP system
• Generate daily and weekly reports to summarize Available To Sell position
• Develop seasonal calendar to meet all merchandising goals and coordinate between all departments to meet production and sales deadlines
• Monitor SKU’s and ensure that final line content reflects correct balance of groups and styles to meet market/sales needs
• Understand costing and set-up margin schedule to understand profitability of styles and meeting budget requirements
• Place, monitor, update purchase orders; Oversee purchase orders for samples and bulk production and execute pre or post buy analysis as needed; Monitor inventory levels and sales activity to identify potential inventory shortages and excesses.
• Create seasonal/monthly demand forecasts based on sales input and monitor accuracy of those forecasts. Manage the consolidation of pre-season orders and forecasts from multiple sales channel teams.
• Coordinate with factory to balance production capacity requirements
• Participate and contribute to Operations meetings to stay on top of key issues and deliverables
• Adapts quickly to change and growth
• Maintains a professional and collaborative work environment with others
• Requires problem-solving skills through gathering information and feedback from management and team members.
• Possesses exceptional organizational skills
• Executes exceptional communication skills
• Exhibits exceptional writing skills
• Works within a collaborative Team Environment
• Maintains Exceptional Interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking and strategic planning needed to execute Principal Duties of position
• Complies with company policies and procedures
Degree in related field
1-4 years of related experience
Fashion/apparel industry experience