Merchandise Manager | Lingerie
Our client is an iconic fashion brand offering apparel and accessories for every fashionista. Their cool, modern, and fashion-forward designs are applauded by celebrities and trendsetters alike.
The Lingerie Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the creation of the product assortment and line plans that deliver on the client's vision while delivering best in class sales, inventory and margin results for their assigned product category. This role will lead effective partnerships with Buying, Development, Sourcing, Production, Merchandise Planning, Allocations and Styling to bring our overall lingerie vision to life.
- Development of other members of the team.
- Reviewing plans, comp shop and create promotional strategies
- Leading the buyers in making strong and innovative style selections while analyzing and forecasting trends.
- Developing long term and seasonal priorities and business plans, line architectures, and resultant briefs for lingerie that serve the needs of the business
- Owning the pre-season planning process, breaking down roadmap stories into seasonal line plan and managing style/sku productivity.
- Accountable for driving the successful creation and execution of line plans that contribute to the financial success of the company by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
- Understanding competitive brands and environments in detail.
- Demonstrating expertise in identifying trends and color direction.
- Possessing a detailed understanding of lingerie components and materials, pricing and marketing.
- Developing and communicating a strong point of view for what is on-brand vs off-brand.
- Developing a lasting and storytelling point of view and point of difference for the brand.
- Managing the product lifecycle for all styles in assigned product categories including introduction, build and retirement of those styles.
- Leading the in-season management of your product category, through flow, product education, chase, cancellations, markdowns and exit.
- Preparing and interpreting sell-in and sell-thru data in order to provide and execute against resultant recommendations and actionable strategies for in-season and future products.
- Analyzing selling weekly, digging into the business to identify risks and opportunities.
- Continuously monitoring Open To Buy Review reorder list each week to find opportunities for new colors/prints to be added and to identify and maximize new trends that are selling.
- Mentoring buyers in vendor relations, attending all vendor meetings to help strengthen their negotiation skills, and teach them how to maximize our vendor base.
- Ensuring buyers are reacting quickly to best and worst sellers and responding to vendors asap.
- Organizing and presenting your areas’ big ideas on order so all cross functional teams are aware of key incoming trends.
- Attending and participate in weekly marketing meetings, voicing needs for your categories.
- Coordinating sample collection and hand off for weekly photoshoots.
- Reviewing and approving all extension requests, prices, and colors including lab dip approvals and fabric confirmations for your areas.
- Approving TOPs and resolve all QC issues.
- Guiding fittings, keeping comments focused on major selling points only in order to maintain fastest delivery.
- Covering the area when the Category Director is unavailable, functioning as their back up.
- Staying up to date and be well-versed in competitive landscape.
- Strategically scouting and evaluate new vendors to support business needs.
- BA or BS
- Preferred 8-9 years of experience in buying, merchandising and/or an analytical role with at least 2 year managing and mentoring a team of buyers
- Fashion savvy/trendsetter
- Outstanding writing, communication, and presentation skills
- A creative, self-starter who possesses excellent prioritization and project management skills with a strong sense of organization and meticulous attention to detail.
- A positive go-getter and team player, who can work independently with the ability to troubleshoot within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite; especially excel