Leading Orange County based Apparel brand is currently looking for a Merchandiser to join their team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Develop sales and inventory plans by channel for a designated area of business
· Assist Buyers in assortment planning process by analyzing selling trends and patterns to maximize inventory, revenue and gross margin
· Assists and executes in the forecasting category OTB, including Sales, Inventory, Markdowns, Transfers and Gross Margin
· Write all purchase orders and repeat orders in a timely manner to ensure delivery timelines are met
· Manage all purchase orders for area of business including delivery follow up, revisions and cancels.
· Act as a liaison between vendor and buyer
· Actively participates in catalog proofing and wall reviews
· Develop and maintains strong working relationships with Buyers, Retail Allocators, Direct, Retail, and Distribution Center to achieve the proper team dynamic and results
· Support all OMNI Channel initiatives, through leveraging of inventory across channels, analyzing results, and recommending future actions
· Other duties as assigned in order to provide optimum customer satisfaction and company success.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years to four years related retail experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Prior experience and/or training with a fashion apparel firm is highly preferred.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, markups, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.