Motion Graphics Designer - Full Time Role
Full Time, Salaried position
Location: Industrial West Side, ATL
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Motion Graphics Designer oversees development of 2D/3D graphics, digital design strategies and creative execution of client projects and marketing material. This includes new concept generation,branding initiatives, account-based solutions and presentation design. Working collaboratively with senior-level Design
Directors and pertinent project leadership to strategically guide the motion graphics process in style, tone, messaging, story-telling and visual effects. Works closely with clients to understand scope of work in order to develop concept direction, identify opportunities for innovation, organize resources and manage the motion graphics process through completion.
POSITION COMPETENCIES: Responsibilities associated with this position combine organization-wide and department-specific standards. Competencies are evaluated initially during each employee’s Introductory Period using the On-Boarding Plan and manager observations. Thereafter, competencies are assessed on an ongoing basis and formally documented annually using the Annual Performance Appraisal Form.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must adeptly keep pace with multiple projects/priorities, provide design team direction, and reliably jump in as a hands-on designer to help with scripting, storyboarding, asset research and animating
- Responsible for project planning and organization, workflow management, vendor negotiations, cost control, quality control and logistical coordination
- Directs all aspects of digital-based project work and digital team contributors
- Duties include reviewing schedules and keeping job schedule current; helping establish proposals, design budgets, internal project goals, assigning projects and ensuring smooth work flow
- Manages and cultivates freelance support and art directs video style and techniques
- Post production motion graphics editing and modification of any existing footage to ultimately ensure that the end video accomplishes the in-house or client objective, communicates effectively, tells a cohesive story, and applies sophisticated animation and visual effects for maximum impact
- Continually improves the effectiveness of video content by leveraging insights from performance metrics
- Develops, maintains and enables standards processes and policies consistent with company interests
- Responsible for presentation building and design communication with clients
- Thorough, articulate communication and follow-through are essential skills
- Punctuality and regular attendance are required on the job
- Client travel required
KEY TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
- Exceptionally well organized and detailed oriented
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated with leadership characteristics
- Effective presenter and communicator with clients
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college, University or art school in Fine Arts, Motion Graphics or related field.
5+ years of professional design experience required.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Software including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut/Premier