Motion Graphics Designer in Atlanta
Motion Graphics Designer
Contract to Hire
Onsite, 40 hours/week
Here’s your chance to have your work viewed nationwide on multiple channels (TV And digital). You will be working with a team whose goal is to evoke emotion, ignite conversation, and ultimately inspire action. You’ll be part of a team that combines the grit and agility of a start-up, with the support and resources of an established media company.
You’ll be covering the most innovative developments in science, technology, and culture as well as the coolest, most beautiful places on earth! From live to production of immersive mixed reality experiences – join this team as they explain what’s happening in the world, how we got here, and what it means for our future!
This team embraces those who are passionate, view the world differently, and boldly challenge the status quo.
The Motion Graphics Designer will create visually engaging motion graphics and animations that will bring to life dynamic environments on the platform. This position will work closely with our Creative Director and design team to concept, prototype, create, test, and integrate high quality visual effects into a digital media environment. You must be an expert in After Effect!
I. Position Summary
The Motion Designer is responsible for creating, designing and animating visual elements for short content videos, info-graphic explainers, and moving visual graphic material. A mix of 2D and 3D graphics and dynamic typography will be employed to create compelling visual stories. Preference for individuals with a curious personality, attention to detail and a broad art, design and visual culture knowledge.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· May develop the look and feel of an assigned project, or execute animated elements following a pre-existing design
· Collaborate with Producers and editors to translate verbal concepts into visual expression, via designed-based Motion Graphics
· Utilize strong understanding of best practices for exporting video/graphics for social platforms.
· Proposed concepts must be executable within the allotted timeframe
· Will be called upon to create graphics elements for, but not limited to, social media, live TV, original programming, promotion, visual effects, and digital
· This designer may be asked to help support the graphics needs of The Weather Channel network weather coverage as needed
III. Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES