our client is hiring a Technical support engineer fulltime onsite in their Irvine office. They are a technology company looking for technically minded individuals with strong troubleshooting skills. Not only will you be able to able to help our customers resolve technically complex issues, but you will also be working closely with Engineering and other cross functional teams to provide feedback for enhancing the product.
Support Engineers work as part of a global team to provide a high standard of technical support for our customers. If you enjoy working with people on a technical level, this position is for you.
Support Engineers are responsible for providing technical support to customers by answering complex questions on functionality and product usage via web, phone, chat and email.
Support Engineers are also responsible for recreating customer problems and collaborating with other parts of the organization to bring resolution for the customer.
As a successful Support Engineer you must be able to work independently to troubleshoot customer issues and operate as a key member of a virtual product team. A positive attitude and capacity for absorbing information and keeping up to date with the latest technologies is essential.
Ability to provide 24X7 on-call Support for critical customer issues.
Key Support Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to develop rapport and express empathy for customer concerns
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to interface, collaborate and prioritize customer issues with R&D teams and effectively communicate solutions to customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience in a similar technical support role
- Team player
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills
- Act as a customer advocate
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in providing support