Online Community Manager
Our client, a video game developer, publisher, and distribution company that is best known for its role-playing video game franchises is looking for a Online Community Manager to join their team.
The Online Community Manager will manage the online community team and work alongside them to develop innovative activities to both retain and attract new players. Plans and coordinates the launch and maintenance of new projects, initiatives, and targets. Works with other departments, global offices, and third party organizations to facilitate the growth and continued success of the community. The Online Community Manager will need to demonstrate strong strategic skills to engage the company’s community while acting as the voice of the development team and company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Brainstorm and execute plans and initiatives that align with project and brand objectives
• Foster the growth of the community through internal planning and public outreach, including working with fan communities and influencers
• Budgeting for various projects and proposals as well as fiscal period forecasts
• Schedules duties and tasks of team members within the team
• Evaluates employee performance and plans for the success of each team member
• Makes optimal use of department resources, budgets, and time
• Coordinates tasks and projects between different departments, vendors, and across international offices
• Coordinates interdepartmentally to observe and record the mood and messages of the player community and reports to the development team
• Communicates with the community in direct and indirect formats through many channels, including social media
• Plans and coordinates promotions such as contests, surveys, and assists with the creation of marketing campaigns
• Leads the department in the planning and execution of in-game and live events
• Oversees the progress of events and watches to prevent/resolve problems
• Evaluates and reports the effectiveness of individual tasks/activities and the scope of event
• Other related duties as required
• Two or more years of online gaming and community management experience
• Able to host live-streamed programs as necessary.
• A strong understanding of social media platforms and their metrics
• Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude
• Ability to resolve issues in a patient and professional manner
• Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision)
• Knowledge of the gaming industry
• Japanese language skills and experience working with Japanese corporations not required, but a plus
• Travel often required. Must be able to work overtime as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 2-3 years of online gaming and community management experience.
• Strong knowledge of video games is a plus.