Leading Hotel Management company is looking for an Operations Coordinator to add to their team!
Operations Coordinator Job Posting
This position is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the activities required to support the operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Maintain operations department files and records
- Enter information and run reports for systems such as BirchStreet, Avendra, and Concur
- Research problem invoices; interface with vendors, customer service team, and other appropriate staff
- Provide support during acquisitions including reading and summarizing contracts, communicating with multiple agencies to transfer permits and licenses, and tracking multiple documents
- Answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls when necessary for operations manager
- Sort and distribute internal and external mail
- Preform Operations Manager’s tasks on an occasional basis
- Primary internal contact for operation department approved systems such as purchase order tracking system (BirchStreet) and purchasing partner (Avendra)
- Train and manager users (via Webinars and in person at the properties) in multiple systems such as Avendra, BirchStreet, and Concur
- Maintain and coordinate accurate list of contracts for multiple entities
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
- Coordinate with vendors on proposals, maintain vendor relationships, and coordinate projects
- Timely perform work related errands as requested using an automobile
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BirchStreet, Avendra, and Concur experience preferred but not required.
- Hotel experience preferred but not required.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other; type 50-55 wpm, 10-key by touch, and strong analytical experience.
- Office experience-telephone skills, typing, attention to detail.
- Must be available to work Monday -Friday from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Overtime may be required on occasion
- Reliable vehicle with insurance required to visit the properties and perform occasional errands and drop offs (mileage and time is reimbursed).
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant under stressful situations
- Displays effective and pleasant speaking and listening abilities when communicating with vendors and team members at all levels
- Able to take direction from multiple people and prioritize responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift/move and exert around 50 pounds of force occasionally, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.