Leading beauty company is seeking a Packaging Coordinator to join their team!
The Packaging Coordinator will manage all code creation and data elements required for new SKU’s and components in required system tools and trackers by collaborating with all necessary departments within the brand and/or vendors to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity. This role will require your knowledge and exposure to packaging expertise, she/he will offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
• Review, analyze and cleanse incoming master data requests from Product Development in preparation for DPM record creation. Includes updates to shade names, ship dates, SRP, and hierarchy updates
• Update material master trackers to ensure set up in all systems are timely and align with launch schedule.
• Create packaging specifications by coordinating with the departments and/or vendors to gather master data requirements and component specifications.
• Create and manage bill of materials
• Collaborate with regulatory departments to obtain associated data related to formulas
• Obtain from vendors palletization data on finished goods/semi-finished goods. Validate shipper specifications with samples received from vendors.
• Review and action on weekly error reports
• Obtain artwork samples and manage in designated systems.
• Assist in analyzing and maintaining various data integrity tools and applications.
• Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
• Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
• Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
• Support sustainability initiatives
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity
Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 1 year of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
• French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
• Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint,
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• CAD software
• Resourceful online
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
• Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
• Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
• Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
• Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
• An understanding and strong interest in packaging manufacturing technologies
• Experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
• Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
• Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities and applying necessary validations to ensure quality integrity throughout our international supply chain