Creative Services Jobs
Technical Packaging Designer- CPG
Location: El Segundo, Remote through Q1
Job Duration: Fulltime, Direct Hire
Brand is looking for a motivated, out-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our creative team as the Packaging Designer. This role will focus on branding + design ranging from brand books, campaign visual ideation and guidelines, merchandising materials, product packaging, in-store displays, customer/influencer box experiences and branded merchandise.
*Must have a very Technical Background
*Must Understand the Printing Process
*Must know how to manage die lines in a file
*Must know about Press checks
*Understanding of Visual Merch is a huge plus
*Understand how ink works, how color prints, ect
*Creative and involved in Influencer gifting
Although role will report directly into VP of Marketing, individual will regularly collaborate with the Sales and Operations Teams along with working directly with our agency partners to develop content to successfully execute an omnichannel strategy. Role will additionally be tasked with researching competitor advertising, new graphic and packaging design trends, along with new content formats. This position will develop and own the proofing and quality control process of all internally produced content, ensuring the final deliverable is free of any off-brand messaging or visuals, grammatical, design, or other issues. Top candidate will be able to work autonomously, tracking to deadlines and budgets, while also being an exceptional collaborator and team player.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with packaging, technical design and the experience of the consumer. Must be incredibly detailed, organized, and eager to work in a quickly growing fast-paced company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Functions and duties of this role include:
• Conceptualize packaging for new product launches and limited edition flavors
• Create all influencer packaging concepts and branded merchandise designs that continue to push the envelope and create buzz
• Update and maintain current packaging to ensure consistency across all products, flavors and line extensions
• Update and develop visual merchandising units for retail partners
• Execute all style guide, branded merchandise, packaging and physical retail displays from creation to delivery.
• Develop and update style guides to inspire creatives and non-creatives across the org.
• Oversee physical samples and press checks to ensure asset quality creation.
• Oversee all product photography retouching to ensure product and packaging is always represented to quality standard.
• Develop renderings to bring packaging and visual merchandising to life for approval
• Positively influence brand perception and conversations through outstanding design.
• Capable of quickly revising work based on internal feedback and performance results.
• Exceptional packaging concepts and design skills with proven portfolio.
• Able to communicate and articulate design concepts both visually & verbally, along with possessing the ability to create storyboards to better share full creative concepts when necessary.
• Interface with packaging manufacturers to communicate desired outcome of creative and lead thoughtful solutions that uphold brand aesthetic.
• Be aware of marketing trends… and help us break them. Promote fresh thinking and strategic storytelling to enhance our message and impact through visuals.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years of general creative design experience required
- 1-3 years’ experience working directly for a CPG brand or within an agency focused on CPG brands
- 1-2 years’ experience in developing CPG product packaging and technical design of product packaging
- 1-2 years’ experience in developing brand & campaign guidelines with proven examples
- Strong understanding of materials, ink and packaging process
- Must possess an ability to work quickly on tight deadlines while upholding the highest quality output with very strong multitasking abilities
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver
- PDF and/or Online portfolio REQUIRED
- Understanding of HTML and web capabilities.
- A hard worker with the ability to operate independently while establishing strong work relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- A multi-tasker capable of managing tight deadlines and last-minute changes.
- Great attention to detail, with strong skill sets in typography and composition.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- A bachelor’s degree in art/design preferred.
Office environment with flexibility for industry events. Most responsibilities of this job will be handled from the office and up to 10% travel.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of the role. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to the company’s mission, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at this brand.