Our client is an innovative beauty brand with recent recognition as one of the fastest growing companies. Their hero product is used by nearly all influencers, artists, and everyday folks to create a flawless look. They invest in building successful employees and feel they have the best!
This role is a hybrid of packaging design and technical engineering. It's a newly created role that will manage all aspects of end-to-end package development for new and existing products.
• Manage all aspects of packaging mechanicals including concept development, design, revisions, and production
• Designs product packaging to ensure product integrity and appeal under varying shipping and display conditions
• Determine design specifications for fit and packaging of product for shelving, shipping, weight, and retail packaging
• Test, analyze, and select materials for packaging based on durability and cost effectiveness; follow delivery, timeframe, and cost guidelines
• Create mockup packaging for final review by product development, marketing, merchandising, and management
• Liaise with various cross-functional teams, including product development, marketing, and merchandising; partner with external packaging vendors to execute packaging and ensure design specifications are achieved
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Science/Packaging Engineering
• 2-7 years' related packaging experience within Beauty
• Comfortable in a newly created role; not a job hopper
• Experience with CAD & MAC operating systems
• Ability to travel 1-2 days a week (day trip to a nearby office outside of Manhattan)