Packaging Developer/Engineer (BEAUTY)
**NOTE: OPEN TO ENTRY LEVEL, MID-LEVEL, MANAGER, DIRECTOR**
Our client is a pioneer in private label/turnkey beauty solutions across color cosmetics, fragrances and hair. They design and manufacture for 80+ global customers – many of which are celebrity brands with new and exciting customers in the pipe.
In this role, you will manage new packaging development for 3-5 programs from concept through production. At the Manager/Sr. Manager/Director level, you'd be overseeing a small team.
- Maintain timelines, costing and packaging development for turnkey programs.
- Responsible for overall form, fit and function of custom tooled projects across multiple beauty categories.
- Responsible for direct interface with both internal China office and China Factories ensuring all packaging aspects of the project are in line with established costs, timing and quality.
- Ensure costing stays +/- 10% in development and +/- 5% in production for documented cost of goods.
- Establishes BOM and Fill and Assembly instructions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Package Development or Mechanical Engineering
IOPP certification (preferred)
- Prior BEAUTY packaging development experience
Strong understanding of materials (i.e. glass, plastics, metals) and how they apply to different packages
Must be agile, comfortable with high-volume, thrive in a fast-paced environment, roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, resourceful and solution-oriented
BEAUTY JUNKIE (major plus)